Friday, June 21, 2019

The North Face

Nighttime air is suffocating
windows suck the drapes inside out
dusk, precursor to a darkness... fall, fall, fall, fall
Bed-sweat sheets, mind is racing
the life I'm facing, dreams I'm chasing
overwhelmed, the synapse shocks unsoundly awake
I know I'm here, but I can't find the reason
summer solstice, longest day, for which I'm well seasoned

Remember you, lied beside me
lied here to me, then denied-declined me
pulled along, a silky string, then snapped away
my mind is racing, dark replacing - self-destructive, self-erasing
can't contend, the things I'm facing, window, wall, wall, wall
I know I just need to make it through the moment
to find a way to undertake some sort of atonement here, now

I need to sort out a way to save me
I need to make much more of what life gave me here
I need a shooting star
to cast my aspirations in the night
I need that spark of hope
to shine a light, bright tonight; zenith height
I need to dry my eyes, take a breath and inhale deep
sucked through the window,
flying high tonight
I need to be strong and seek the sweet light
Nighttime air is self-effacing
mind erasing, dream replacing
windows suck the curtains inside out.

No comments: