Friday, February 24, 2017

She Knows Who She Is


Her pale cherry hair
From sun's perpetual glow
Berry smell with a hint of smokey swirl, frames the face which holds me in 
Oceans eyes blue
Deep, so deep
The Siren calls me to
Immerse in her endless fathoms
Salty wet, enticing warmth
I want to swim in her gentle gaze
And abandon the shackles of earth
Which impede me from
The pleasures or weightless floating.

To fixate upon these indigo
Beacons of light
Lending their beam,
Keeping me safe within their gaze,
Is only the surface of her embrace.

Within lies my world - the one
For which every soul longs 
And dreams
Where water magnifies the beauty
Of coral reefs laden with colour
The balance of fragile ecosystems, 
Made perfect by time.

No ugliness dwells in this place-
Where I feel I belong.

The surf surges with strength and
Adventure; ruled by
Lemon moon and embering rays
Buoyant but consenting
To dive free
Exploration and discovery 
Of a magical world.

I long to swim.

To plunge naked in a nature
So free
To lie upon the sands so fine
For reprieve, repose and lingering

How can a man not love such an ocean?
Where water replaces air?
What joy this sacred privilege affords
No predators nor those who would destroy
Such a wondrous home!
I wish for a forever within these fathoms
Of liquid embrace
And to hold her with want
And needs fulfilled 
From the sea I came
With harbour scents and humid breeze
The envelopment of mysterious fog,
And to this body, so gentle and fair,
I wish to return
To be free,
Untethered from anchor's
Unforgiving tug
In these blue beacons and holding unrestricted.

I love her, and forever shall
With her pale cherry hair
And swirling smoke smell.

No comments: