Friday, December 13, 2019

Fret


Fret

Internal, infernal revolution
That plays out in my thoughts
Consumes my head
Unsettled flesh and bones
In my own body
Blue blood oxygenated
Spilling red, red, red
When self becomes one’s own oppressor
When self and ego don’t play fair
Undertow, colossal tsunami of emotions


Breathe, breathe, feel the belly rising
Bloat me like I’ve consumed too much bread
A carbohydrate exhaustion
Makes my mind dark, limbs like lead, lead, lead

I need a little pick me up
A break from winter’s cold
I need to accept that I’m growing old, old, old

Stutter, shake, collapse and sleep now
Wake up in the morning
Feel the same
Like a lottery where your ticket’s never winning
The borderline between the sane and insane, insane, insane

I just want a moment of normal
Whatever normal may be
Or is such a state sustainable
Just need to be happy to be me, me, me
That’s the only way I can ever be free, free, free

Unshackle thoughts, beliefs and assumptions
Clear the shit straight out of my head
I seek the clear and pleasant waters
A place devoid of unfounded fear and dread, dread, dread

I know I know I’m not my thoughts I’m thinking
Always without ever a reprieve
Go to hell ego voice and demons
Break the shackles self-imposed and be, be, be


Edmonton, AB, Canada




No comments: