Monday, October 23, 2017

Pretended


Who thought the act of being kind
Would tear my heart asunder
Tumultuous turns, whirl in my mind
Pouring sweat, heart beat like thunder
You can see it in my eyes with each one of your lies
And no matter how I try, my face holds no disguise 

I do for you things that no one else
Would even care to ponder
I have given it my all, I gave my self
You left me drained, you left me somber
I know it now, I know my place, and it's never where I thought I'd be
You can't even read my face because  you never cared for me

My world seems so empty now
And I feel dead inside me
I did all that I knew how
You broke my wing, I can't be free
Karma is a thing that I dismiss, and there is no ass I'll kiss
You don't even say hello, but I just can't let you go
With my mind you'd always screw, but that's what you'd always do

Cos' our world it was pretended
Yes, our world it was pretended 

I was just a character in a book that you never gave a look
You just left me sat there on your shelf
And slipped away with so much stealth
Like the player in a role, and I'm left left broke but you left whole 
I sat there high and dry, where a tear had stung my eye
Can't believe none of it was real, and can't control how I feel

Because our world it was pretended 
(No, I know I don't want to know that)
What we had was just pretended 
(No, I know I don't want to know that)
 Our world was just pretended
(My heart and mind were blind to the stage)
Cos our world it was pretended
( now I'm here all alone)
Because our world it was pretended 




No comments: