Monday, October 23, 2017



GJM



The last lonely leaf 
Upon the tree with branches broke, cracked and knarled 
Shifts from green to red with yellow flashes
For the tegument of earth she’s bound
To mix again with her native soil
Where my seed grew so well
Through winter’s barrens brash, spring’s fragrant renewal,
And summer’s burning hell
The Autumn is the time of year
When the reaper is at his height
Shaving down the tawny Fields
With sharp and mighty scythe 
My branches own, with rough bark grey and brown
Is too nearing its trembling Fall
Though my seed is sewed and she so beautifully grows
I too shall meet the ground
But from rot in decay and tears of dismay,
Is born birth and life
My my branches yield and never break
Despite our worldly strife
And those who rest and rejoin the soul give birth once again
And it is there that our solace bares
It’s light and misty glow
May they all sleep tight when the curtain of night
Shades our memories and all we know,
Mother mo chroí may your soul be free

And stand with your roots, beneath dwindling tree.

No comments: