Friday, November 8, 2019

Betrayal Of Talents


Betrayal of Talents


Drop the treble, bump the bass
Feel the music in your bones and face
Escape into the words and sounds
Artist bares the soul
To stand on stage, so apparent
Spotlight on, fist to the firmament
To reach the assembled audience
Creation, lose control


I know the meaning of the words I’m singing
The strings I strum, sound blast, ears are ringing


Feel like the message that I’m conveying
Can’t escape my heart, my shortfall talents betraying me


I just want to move another
The way the music moves me here tonight
I want someone to share this feeling
I know I need to release this from my soul
Am I the tree that falls
But no one there to hear or see me down?


The poet’s pen, stabs the paper
Bleeds the ink
The smoky vapor
Words put down, put down,
The death of me
Lay out raw for all to view
To see the pain in me, pain in you
Manifest it, purging, into something beautiful
Straggle hard against the demons
Implanted egg, with the seamen
Ego, self-doubt lash out
Until the anger dissolves


Death a million paper cuts
Screams in my head, butterfly guts
The Ancient Mariner, albatross weight
Fall down fast in to the ocean
Cast upon ebbing motion
Life preserver hold on
White knuckle ride

I know the meaning of the words I’m writing
Voices, doubt in my head, diction, words fighting me

Feel like the message that I’m conveying
Can’t escape my heart, my shortfall talents betraying me….

Edmonton, AB, Canada







No comments: