Thursday, November 14, 2019

Tégument of stars

Late night tailgate sky track gazing
Full moon where the stars are amazing
Place you wish on light
A million years ago
On the deck, I stand a speck
The universe with all its depth
Alone I see the vision of the past
The life I’ve led, the love and dread
Emaciated, feel truncated
Stand tall my ship’s not sailing in
You set me here upon this course my eyes are red, voice is coarse
Made hoarse from calling out your name
A little bird sang to me,
The wind flexed Daoist tree
Saying ok you, you can be free
Just let go of the past and future worries
The time it takes
To find what’s fake
The promises are the lies we make
And fortune is a clown that we all know
That sunny day you went away
Left me here to my dismay
Untethered, slowly, drifting down the stream
It seems obscene that life has turned this way
Those times we had, the good and bad
The things we did drove the other mad
Unhappy surface slink and disappear
A candy bar, a fallen star
The wish we made forever changes
This light that shone a million years ago,
They glow and show
Nakedness and vulnerability.

No comments: