Tuesday, November 19, 2019

Woke Up Well


Woke Up Well


Woke this morning, a difference
Things seemed finally copacetic
Redolent of days where fears where real
Shed skin, the anxiety that’s plagued me
To my marrowed bones
For once I slept soundly through the night

Shifts and curves
Frazzled nerves
The inexplicable ego voice
Saboteurs get what they deserve
The woods are thicket deep
The thoughts still creep
A catalyst, conundrum, crazy
The lambs been skinned and nailed upon the door
Sacrifices made, the darkened days

Winter and its fake frigid purity
Blankets white, melts, morphs, slushy grey
Carry Spring within me
The promise of new life, new birth;

Resurrecting Lazarus from the sand
I lay low, deep down buried there
The desert, Ozymandias, crumble, broken
Cement the grains of sand back into stone
I wait for time and healing
To free me from the feeling that
This world has become a lot more than it seems

Perception, my Achilles heel,
Mind plays tricks with their appeals
The real is never really what it seems
How I see me, how you see me, loses our identity
But with nothing, contradiction,
Freedom becomes untethered fate
Liberty from our thoughts and demons greasy sulfur talon clutch
A new day rising, phoenix taking flight
Icarus wings, pray that I’m not burned
And singed, to ashes fall
The mix of carbon with the sifts of sand

A brand new day, another way, to act out, my role in this play
Fire the narrator, begin on a fresh page, the rage, despair, dissipates
A good night’s sleep, the myth we seek
To tell the story we need told

Tranquility to soothe the soul
Rapid thoughts and worries, not today
Each moment is a moment new
A new beginning, seek what’s true
Dispel that narrative that’s been on re-run way too long

Another chapter begins today, shatter anxiety, dismay
The sun will rise late, but I won’t fall waiting for its radiant rays

Woke this morning, a difference
Things seemed finally copacetic
Redolent of days where fears where real
Shed skin, the anxiety that’s plagued me
To my marrowed bones
A fleeting freedom that I feel
A sensation I forgot was real
Thankful for this moment of solace,
I’m finally at peace.

Edmonton, AB, Canada







No comments: